Echelon’s Smart Metering Solution is open, multi-application platform that allows seamless interoperation with the IT infrastructure and grid devices you already have deployed in the field or data center today—plus, it lets you expand easily by adding new software or devices in the future.
- Pinpoint and restore outages automatically and predict line failures before they occur
- Improve energy management efficiency on the low-voltage grid
- Better protect consumer safety
Echelon offers a sophisticated, comprehensive, open standards-based approach to outdoor lighting control that makes it easy and affordable for lighting owners to increase the efficiency, safety, and versatility of their municipal and commercial lighting systems.
- Boost energy savings of high-efficiency lighting systems through adaptive lighting control
- Improve public safety and satisfaction with better overall lighting quality
- Preserve historical and decorative lights while modernizing their control
Echelon enables OEMs, application developers, and integrators to rapidly build innovative and interoperable solutions that meet the unique requirements of the IIoT, which include autonomous control, industrial-strength reliability, and legacy protocol support.
- Reduce energy consumption, capital costs, operating costs, and maintenance
- More accurately control business-critical conditions
- Establish a platform for additional networked applications
Echelon specializes in the industrial control networking technologies at the heart of these machine-to-machine (M2M) communications. Echelon provides robust, accurate, and flexible technology that works with both wired and wireless communications, delivered as integrated circuits (ICs), modules, network interfaces and gateways, routers, software, and development and integration tools.
- Integrate multivendor devices into a single, extensible architecture
- Improve operational efficiencies
- Achieve industrial-grade reliability
Throughout the world, modern railroad systems are implementing Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications, including those based on the LonWorks® industry-standard networking protocols. And using advanced IIoT technologies such as those provided by Echelon’s IzoT™ platform, trains can operate more efficiently and safely.
- Ensure safe and optimal operation at high speeds
- Automate braking for very long freight trains
- Implement dynamic scheduling for light rail passenger systems