Modern commercial outdoor lighting systems are being asked to do more than ever before. In addition to fulfilling their primary purpose of casting light onto dark roadways, parking areas, and public spaces, outdoor lighting systems are increasingly evaluated for how well they reduce energy consumption, improve safety for both pedestrians and drivers, and serve as the foundation for a range of Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
Outdoor lighting is an important part of the strategic asset base for cities, municipalities, and large enterprises. Echelon offers a sophisticated, comprehensive, open standards-based approach to outdoor lighting control that makes it easy and affordable for lighting owners to increase the efficiency, safety, and versatility of their municipal and commercial lighting systems.
- McRock's Industrial Internet of Things Report 2014
- Technical Whitepaper: IIoT Requirements and the IzoT Platform
- RF Control Networking
- Outdoor Street Lighting - Making Lighting more Efficient. Safe and Affordable
- Open System Specification Framework
- Monitored Outdoor Lighting: Market, Challenges, Solutions, and Next Steps.
- Industry Whitepaper: Segmenting the Internet of Things
- Industry Whitepaper: Connecting with the Industrial Internet of Things
- Technical Whitepaper: The IzoT Platform: The Next Generation of LonWorks
- Considerations for Using XML Web Services for Device-to-device Communication
- French Street Cuts Energy Use with LonWorks Network
- Oslo Street Lighting System Slashes Energy Use with Lonworks Network