Modern commercial outdoor lighting systems are being asked to do more than ever before. In addition to fulfilling their primary purpose of casting light onto dark roadways, parking areas, and public spaces, outdoor lighting systems are increasingly evaluated for how well they reduce energy consumption, improve safety for both pedestrians and drivers, and serve as the foundation for a range of Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
Outdoor lighting is an important part of the strategic asset base for cities, municipalities, and large enterprises. Echelon offers a sophisticated, comprehensive, open standards-based approach to outdoor lighting control that makes it easy and affordable for lighting owners to increase the efficiency, safety, and versatility of their municipal and commercial lighting systems. Echelon ISO /IEC14908 power line communications solutions are in use at over 600 cities and locations worldwide. In addition, Echelon enables a combined power line and RF based solution, providing the benefits of both architectures.
Watch Video: Outdoor Lighting Networks and Smart City Solutions Overview (courtesy of LonMark International)
Echelon Commercial Outdoor Lighting Control Solutions Enhance Energy Savings, Safety, and Aesthetics for Current and Future Smart Cities
Bydgoszcz, Poland, reduces energy by 40% with Echelon Smart Street Lighting system
Oslo Street Lighting System Slashes Energy Use with Lonworks Network
French Street Lighting System Cuts Energy Use with LonWorks® Network
- Industry Paper: Efficient Connected Lighting Solutions
- Monitored Outdoor Lighting: Market, Challenges, Solutions, and Next Steps.
- Technical Whitepaper: IIoT Requirements and the IzoT Platform
- Echelon Commercial Outdoor Lighting Control Solutions Enhance Energy Savings, Safety, and Aesthetics for Current and Future Smart Cities
- Bydgoszcz, Poland, reduces energy by 40% with Echelon Smart Street Lighting system