Modern commercial outdoor lighting systems are being asked to do more than ever before. In addition to fulfilling their primary purpose of casting light onto dark roadways, parking areas, and public spaces, outdoor lighting systems are increasingly evaluated for how well they reduce energy consumption, improve safety for both pedestrians and drivers, and serve as the foundation for a range of Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
Outdoor lighting is an important part of the strategic asset base for cities, municipalities, and large enterprises. Echelon offers a sophisticated, comprehensive, open standards-based approach to outdoor lighting control that makes it easy and affordable for lighting owners to increase the efficiency, safety, and versatility of their municipal and commercial lighting systems. Echelon ISO /IEC14908 power line communications solutions are in use at over 600 cities and locations worldwide. In addition, Echelon enables a combined power line and RF based solution, providing the benefits of both architectures.
Oslo Street Lighting System Slashes Energy Use with Lonworks Network
French Street Lighting System Cuts Energy Use with LonWorks® Network
Echelon Commercial Outdoor Lighting Control Solutions Enhance Energy Savings, Safety, and Aesthetics for Current and Future Smart Cities
- Monitored Outdoor Lighting: Market, Challenges, Solutions, and Next Steps.
- Technical Whitepaper: IIoT Requirements and the IzoT Platform
- Industry Whitepaper: Segmenting the Internet of Things
- Oslo Street Lighting System Slashes Energy Use with Lonworks Network
- French Street Lighting System Cuts Energy Use with LonWorks® Network