IEC CT Smart Meter
Designed to monitor energy use at the distribution transformer level, the MTR 3500 CT is certified to withstand noise disturbances in the range of 2 kHz to 150 kHz harmonics, providing per phase measurements of power allowing for better load balancing. Separate accuracy classes are available for high-current commercial and industrial customers. By doubling as a powerful sensor, MTR 3500 CT provides real-time sensing and visibility at the edge so you can manage assets and control losses in distribution.
- Designed for use with current transformers. CT ratios can be set.
- Tampering attempts are detected on cover removal, tilt movement, and magnetic field presence. All events are logged and communicated even during a power failure. Energy measuring technology highly resistant to DC magnetic fields.
- Optional serial multipurpose expansion port (MEP) allows secure hardware extensions for communication with gas and water meters.
- Forward, reverse, net active energy, kvarh import/export, and four-quadrant kvarh measurements enable customer micro-generation sources and act as highly versatile grid power quality sensors.
- Acts as repeater to reach other meters and create a power line-based meshed system that matches the real topology of the low-voltage distribution network.
See the IEC CT Smart Meter datasheet (PDF) for complete specifications.
- Active: Class 1 certified to IEC 62053-21, Class B certified to EN 50470-3 (MID)
- Reactive: Class 2 certified to IEC 62053-23
Operating temperature: -40˚ to +70˚ C
Voltage: 220V to 240V phase-to-neutral, range -20% to +15%
Frequency: 50Hz +5%
Service type: 3-phase, 4-wire Wye/Star
Echelon System Software (PDF)
NES Data Concentrator (PDF)
Making the Grid Smarter (PDF)
Tolly Group Scalability Test Report (register for PDF)
White Paper: NES Load Profile Performance Test (register for PDF)
NES Software Investment Program (PDF)
The Networked Energy Services (NES) system is an open, extensible, field-proven platform for managing millions of commercial, consumer, and utility smart grid devices. The system uses our patented power line technology to communicate over the existing power line carrier system. It includes:
Echelon System Software
A secure network operating system that includes powerful application programming interfaces (APIs) for configuring, provisioning, installing, controlling, diagnosing, and reporting on NES devices, including smart meters.
Distribution Control Node
An open, secure, scalable hardware and software platform that bridges the low- and medium voltage distribution system. It connects smart grid devices to utility enterprise software, and its published interfaces can be used to build function- and geography-specific software.
NES Data Concentrator
A smart grid networking gateway that commissions, updates, and gathers data from compatible smart meters and other smart grid devices. It reports trouble conditions, ensures security and communications reliability, and to conserve bandwidth, compresses data before forwarding.
Browser-based network-analysis software that provides visual statistics, automated-network and user-rights management, auditing, logging, and time-saving diagnostics for millions of smart grid devices. Element Manager makes it possible to solve problems in real time.
NES Smart Meters
ANSI and IEC commercial and residential meters with extensive metering capabilities, software-controlled disconnect switch, and information display. NES smart meters have been field-proven to be 99.5% reliable.
CPM 6000 - Control Point Module for Smart Grid Devices
An embedded module that enables manufacturers to add our proven power line technology to smart grid devices, such as solar panel micro-inverters, load-control modules, power-quality sensors, pool pumps, and electric-vehicle chargers.