IEC Poly Phase Smart Meter
Designed for residential and small commercial energy consumers, our IEC/DIN Poly Phase Smart Meter supplies a comprehensive portfolio of revenue-grade features — and consistently reliable, accurate operation using bidirectional power line communications.
- Load profiling; billing for time-of-use, prepay, and optional max demand; power-quality analysis; remote-controlled disconnect/reconnect switch; comprehensive display, home area networking support; bidirectional power line communications
- Tamper-events detected, logged and communicated even during a power failure; Energy measurement technology highly resistant to DC magnetic fields
- Optional serial multipurpose expansion port (MEP) allows secure hardware extensions for communication with in-home devices, gas and water meters. Optional CNX 3000 for power line and CNX 2000 for ZigBee modules can be used to connect to building information and control devices for home area network management.
- Forward, reverse, net active energy, kvarh import/export, and four-quadrant kvarh measurements enable customer micro-generation sources and power quality monitoring
- Each meter acts as repeater to reach other meters and establish a power line mesh network that shows the real topology of the low-voltage distribution system
For full specifications, see the IEC Poly Phase Smart Meter datasheet (PDF).
- Active: Class 1 certified to IEC 62053-21, Class B certified to EN 50470-3 (MID)
- Reactive: Class 2 certified to IEC 62053-23
Operating temperature: -40˚ to +70˚ C
Voltage: 220V to 240V phase-to-neutral, 380V to 415V phase-to-phase, range -20% to +15%
Frequency: 50Hz +5%
Service type: Designed for 3-phase 4-wire Wye/Star, 2-phases of a 3-phase 4-wire Wye/Star service, or 1-phase 2-wire connections.
Optional CNX modules:
- CNX 2000: Compliant with ZigBee Smart Energy 1.0
- CNX 3000: Power line communications on CENELEC C-band spectrum, compatible with both ZigBee Smart Energy profile and the open LonWorks® control networking standard
Echelon System Software datasheet (PDF)
Making the Grid Smarter (PDF)
Tolly Group Scalability Test Report (register for PDF)
White Paper: NES Load Profile Performance Test (register for PDF)
NES Software Investment Program (PDF)
The Networked Energy Services (NES) system is an open, extensible, field-proven platform for managing millions of commercial, consumer, and utility smart grid devices. The system uses our patented power line technology to communicate over the existing power line carrier system. It includes: