IEC Single Phase Smart Meter
Designed for residential and small commercial energy consumers, our IEC/DIN Single Phase Smart Meter supplies a comprehensive portfolio of revenue-grade features — and consistently reliable, accurate operation using bidirectional power line communications.
- Load profiling; billing for time-of-use, prepay, and optional max demand; power-quality analysis; remote-controlled disconnect/reconnect switch; comprehensive display, home area networking support; bidirectional power line communications
- Tamper-events detected, logged and communicated even during a power failure; Energy measurement technology highly resistant to DC magnetic fields.
- Optional serial multipurpose expansion port (MEP) allows secure hardware extensions for communication with in-home devices, gas and water meters. Optional CNX 3000 for power line and CNX 2000 for ZigBee modules can be used to connect to building information and control devices for home area network management.
- Forward, reverse, net active energy, kvarh import/export, and four-quadrant kvarh measurements enable customer micro-generation sources and power quality monitoring
- Each meter acts as repeater to reach other meters and establish a power line mesh network that shows the real topology of the low-voltage distribution system
- Available in two Max Current ratings - 65 A max, 100 A max
For full specifications, see the MTR 1000 Series IEC single phase smart meter datasheet and MTR 0600 Series IEC Single Phase Smart Meters datasheet (PDF).
- Active: Class 1 certified to IEC 62053-21, Class B certified to EN 50470-3 (MID)
- Reactive: Class 2 certified to IEC 62053-23
Operating temperature: -40˚ to +70˚ C
- 220V to 240V phase-to-neutral, range -20% to +15% (MTR 1000 Series)
- 230V phase-to-neutral, range -20% to +20% (MTR 0600 Series)
Frequency: 50Hz +5%
Service type: 1-phase, 2-wire
Optional CNX modules:
- CNX 2000: Compliant with ZigBee Smart Energy 1.0
- CNX 3000: Power line communications on CENELEC C-band spectrum, compatible with both ZigBee Smart Energy profile and the open LonWorks® control networking standard
IEC Poly Phase Smart Meter datasheet (PDF)
Echelon Smart Metering System IEC (PDF)
Making the Grid Smarter (PDF)
Tolly Group Scalability Test Report (register for PDF)
White Paper: NES Load Profile Performance Test (register for PDF)
NES Software Investment Program (PDF)
The Networked Energy Services (NES) system is an open, extensible, field-proven platform for managing millions of commercial, consumer, and utility smart grid devices. The system uses our patented power line technology to communicate over the existing power line carrier system. It includes:
Echelon System Software
A secure network operating system that includes powerful application programming interfaces (APIs) for configuring, provisioning, installing, controlling, diagnosing, and reporting on NES devices, including smart meters.
Distribution Control Node
An open, secure, scalable hardware and software platform that bridges the low- and medium voltage distribution system. It connects smart grid devices to utility enterprise software, and its published interfaces can be used to build function- and geography-specific software.
NES Data Concentrator
A smart grid networking gateway that commissions, updates, and gathers data from compatible smart meters and other smart grid devices. It reports trouble conditions, ensures security and communications reliability, and to conserve bandwidth, compresses data before forwarding.
Browser-based network-analysis software that provides visual statistics, automated-network and user-rights management, auditing, logging, and time-saving diagnostics for millions of smart grid devices. Element Manager makes it possible to solve problems in real time.
Echelon Smart Meters
ANSI and IEC commercial and residential meters with extensive metering capabilities, software-controlled disconnect switch, and information display. NES smart meters have been field-prove