- Provides unprecedented connectivity with built-in drivers for industry-standard protocols including LonWorks® free topology, power line, and IP-852, as well as available support for BACnet, Modbus RTU, Modbus IP, M-Bus, digital I/O, pulse count, and SOAP/XML Web services interfaces. The BACnet driver is available from www.connect-ex.com. Additional interfaces can be developed with custom driver support.
- Manages up to 300 devices as a standalone network manager — or joins OpenLNS and LNS®-managed networks using seamless integration with the Echelon OpenLNS Server and LNS Server
- Supports automatic device discovery, configuration, and commissioning.
- Provides an open platform for both local monitoring and control as well as integration with enterprise applications for energy management of commercial buildings, branch offices, street lights, solar arrays, and others.
- Supports customization with support for custom apps such as energy optimization, data analysis, and room and lighting control apps.
- Includes built-in Web-user and Web-services interfaces for scheduling, alarming, data logging, meter reading, and custom applications.
- Supports development of custom Web pages with the included i.LON® Vision tool.
Windows 7 (64-bit* and 32-bit versions), Windows Vista (32-bit version), or Windows XP; *Note: the SmartServer products can be configured, monitored, and controlled via Internet Explorer and Firefox on the supported 64-bit and 32-bit versions and of Windows, and can be accessed as a remote network interface for LNS applications and the LonMaker Turbo Integration Tool running on both 64-bit and 32-bit Windows; the Echelon Enterprise Services (EES) software can only be installed and used on 32-bit versions of Windows.
- Technical Whitepaper: IIoT Requirements and the IzoT Platform
- RF Control Networking
- Technology Comparison: LONWORKS® Systems versus DeviceNet®
- Open System Specification Framework
- Building Automation Technology Review
- Industry Whitepaper: Segmenting the Internet of Things
- Industry Whitepaper: Connecting with the Industrial Internet of Things
- Technical Whitepaper: The IzoT Platform: The Next Generation of LonWorks
- Considerations for Using XML Web Services for Device-to-device Communication
- McRock's Industrial Internet of Things Report 2014
- Going Open - Wide Open: The LONWORKS® Platform
- Open System Design Guide: Building Control Systems Based on LONWORKS® Technology.
- McDonald's in Riverside, California Turns Kitchen Green and Efficient
- Echelon Technology Improves Hospital Operating Rooms