COS Revenue Assurance App
Echelon’s Revenue Assurance App simplifies your job of finding losses on the low voltage grid. It tracks energy usage both at distribution transformers and at all meters attached to that transformer. Comparing both sets of precise data, it automatically detects discrepancies and generates alarms when specific thresholds have been exceeded. It’s an easier, less manual way to discover loss.
Monitor the key parameters of technical and non-technical loss to preserve revenue and gain grid efficiencies:
- Local sensors monitor consumption at the transformer
- Near real-time comparison of energy delivered by transformer vs. total metered energy from all attached meters yield possible sources of non-technical losses
- When analysis is performed on Echelon’s Edge Control Nodes, utilities can process information locally and avoid backhauling large amounts of meter data to head-end, savings WAN costs
- Identify losses in distribution networks
- Protect revenue and detect theft
- Identify tampering at the meter
- Proactively respond to losses
- Reduce manual process/time needed to investigate tampering and losses
- Identify sources of above-average losses to focus grid improvements for better ROI
For a complete description, refer to the COS Revenue Assurance App datasheet.
Echelon Smart Meters
ANSI and IEC commercial and residential meters with extensive metering capabilities, software-controlled disconnect switch, and information display. NES smart meters have been field-proven to be 99.5% reliable.
Edge Control Node
An open, secure, scalable hardware and software platform that bridges the low- and medium voltage distribution system. It connects smart grid devices to utility enterprise software, and its published interfaces can be used to build function- and geography-specific software and wired or wireless expansion cards.
NES Data Concentrator
A smart grid networking control node that commissions, updates, and gathers data from compatible smart meters and other smart grid devices. It reports trouble conditions, ensures security and communications reliability, and compresses data before forwarding to conserve bandwidth.
Echelon System Software
A secure network operating system that includes powerful application programming interfaces (APIs) for configuring, provisioning, installing, controlling, diagnosing, and reporting on NES devices, including smart meters.
Browser-based network-analysis software that provides visual statistics, automated-network and user-rights management, auditing, logging, and time-saving diagnostics for millions of smart grid devices. Element Manager makes it possible to solve problems in real time.