COS Service Quality Assurance App
Echelon’s Service Quality Assurance App checks power quality data from smart meters and tracks the health of individual meters and feeder lines. It also reports individual phase losses in three-phase systems. With this COS App, you’ll know about the outage before customers start calling and quickly narrow down the location of outages and power quality issues so they can be resolved on the spot.
Detect outages and power quality events on the low voltage grid:
- Over & under voltage
- Phase loss
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- “Last Gasp” with Battery Backup
- Identify when a feeder line is down
- Detect location of fault on three levels: at the transformer, feederlines, or individual meters
- Know when each meter is without power & when it is restored
- Know about outages before customers call
- Exact time of interruption & recovery reported; no over reporting to regulators
- Precise outage information provided to crews in near real-time
- Meet power quality service obligation to customers
- Closely monitor voltage levels as PVs & renewables are added
- Quickly narrow down location of problems to expedite the fix • When analysis is performed on Echelon’s Edge Control Nodes, utilities can process information locally and avoid backhauling large amounts of meter data to head-end, savings WAN costs
For a complete description, refer to the COS Service Quality Assurance datasheet.
Echelon Smart Meters
ANSI and IEC commercial and residential meters with extensive metering capabilities, software-controlled disconnect switch, and information display. NES smart meters have been field-proven to be 99.5% reliable.
Edge Control Node
An open, secure, scalable hardware and software platform that bridges the low- and medium voltage distribution system. It connects smart grid devices to utility enterprise software, and its published interfaces can be used to build function- and geography-specific software and wired or wireless expansion cards.
NES Data Concentrator
A smart grid networking control node that commissions, updates, and gathers data from compatible smart meters and other smart grid devices. It reports trouble conditions, ensures security and communications reliability, and compresses data before forwarding to conserve bandwidth.
Echelon System Software
A secure network operating system that includes powerful application programming interfaces (APIs) for configuring, provisioning, installing, controlling, diagnosing, and reporting on NES devices, including smart meters.
Browser-based network-analysis software that provides visual statistics, automated-network and user-rights management, auditing, logging, and time-saving diagnostics for millions of smart grid devices. Element Manager makes it possible to solve problems in real time.
CPM 6000 - Control Point Module for Smart Grid Devices
An embedded module that enables manufacturers to add our proven power line technology and Open Smart Grid Protocol to smart grid devices, such as solar panel micro-inverters, load-control modules, power-quality sensors, pool pumps, and electric-vehicle chargers.