OpenLNS Commissioning Tool
The OpenLNS Commissioning Tool (CT) is the standard design, commissioning, and network maintenance software tool for LonWorks control networks. It makes the power of the OpenLNS network operating system available to network integrators through an easy-to-use drawing interface based on Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Provides an easy-to-use design, commissioning, and maintenance tool for LonWorks networks using a simple diagramming interface provided by Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Includes a core network management platform that has been used in more than 90,000 systems to commission more than 5 million devices, and is supported by hundreds of third-party applications
- Compatible with all ISO/IEC 14908-1 Control Network Protocol compliant devices with no commissioning fees, credits, or royalties
- Includes an integrated OpenLNS Server that handles all network management tasks, both for the OpenLNS Commissioning Tool and for all other OpenLNS applications running locally or remotely on any open network
- Supports multiple simultaneous users, applications, and plug-ins
- Provides easy integration with third-party tools and applications with OpenLNS and LNS plug-in support and with XML import and export
- Provides automatic connection-type selection to improve network reliability and reduce common errors when specifying connections
For complete specifications and ordering information, refer to the OpenLNS Commissioning Tool datasheet (PDF).
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit or 32-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit), or Windows XP with SP3 (32-bit)
Intel Pentium® III 500MHz processor
512 MB RAM
1024 MB page file
1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display with at least 256 colors
Mouse or other Windows compatible pointing device
2 GB free hard-disk space
OpenLDV 4.0 or IP compatible network interface
Maximum Limits per Network:
Active OpenLNS CT remote clients: 5
Application devices: 32,385
Application device types: 32,385
The OpenLNS Server is a platform for creating open control systems. The platform supports multiple applications and service providers, and supplies the essential network services required for installing, operating, and maintaining LonWorks based control systems.
SmartServer 2.0 Controller
The SmartServer is a versatile Web server and controller that connects to any IP network and provides Web services to monitor and control a wide variety of control devices including energy meters, sub-meters, solar panels, micro-inverters, lighting controllers, and building management devices. The SmartServer can be used as a network interface for the OpenLNS Commissioning Tool, and automatically synchronizes with the OpenLNS Server that is integrated with OpenLNS CT.
The U10 and U20 USB Network Interfaces are high-performance LonWorks interfaces for USB-enabled PCs. They provide a low-cost method to attach a computer running the OpenLNS Commissioning Tool to a LonWorks network.
Device manufacturers can use OpenLNS Server to create custom apps for OpenLNS CT that make their devices easier to install and configure. These custom apps are called OpenLNS plug-ins and integrate seamlessly with the OpenLNS Commissioning Tool.
Register for free online eTraining, including these courses and others:
LonWorks Control Technology
OpenLNS Commissioning Tool (free for a limited time)
Learn about our training center courses, including these courses and others:
- LonWorks Network Design
OpenLNS Commissioning Tool Trial Edition
A free trial version of the OpenLNS Commissioning Tool. Includes an OpenLNS Server Trial Edition. Visio 2010 or Visio 2003 is required, but is not included. The trial edition is limited to two networks with a maximum of five devices each, runs for a maximum of 60 minutes at a time, and expires 60 days after trial activation. The trial edition can be converted to a full-featured OpenLNS Commissioning Tool with the purchase and installation of an OpenLNS Commissioning Tool Professional or Standard Edition Activation Key.
OpenLNS Server Trial Edition
A free trial version of the OpenLNS Server. The trial edition is limited to two networks with a maximum of five devices each, runs for a maximum of 60 minutes at a time, and expires 60 days after trial activation. The trial edition can be converted to a full-featured OpenLNS Server Standard Edition with the purchase and installation of an OpenLNS Server Standard Edition Activation Key.
LNS Plug-in Framework Developer's Kit
The LNS Plug-in Framework Developer's Kit provides example software and .NET assemblies that allow you to develop and redistribute OpenLNS and LNS plug-ins.