- Provides schematics and layouts for the external discrete interface circuitry that needs to be implemented with the Echelon Power Line Smart Transceiver IC.
- Eight reference designs included.
- New, smaller PL 3120 / PL 3170 single in-line package (SIP) design included.
- Available as a download for fast access, providing a quick start for PL design projects.
- Design Features
- Manages heat dissipation with optimally designed traces, component selection, and placement.
- Ensures proper circuit operation with controlled trace capacitances based on the crystal’s oscillation frequency.
- Provides verified communications performance for receive sensitivity and transmit power.
- Deals with interference and noise impairments.
- Provides flexibility with two- and four-layer designs; and one- and two-sided designs.
- Design Content
- Layout files for P-CAD®, OrCAD®, PADS®/PowerPCB, Altium, PDF (Adobe), PDIF, ASCII, and Gerber formats for fast and accurate reference design porting.
- Bill of Materials and schematics in OrCAD& PDF format.
- Technical details on supported layout tools is available in the PL 3120 / PL 3150 / PL 3170 Power Line Smart Transceiver Data Book
- Open System Design Guide: Building Control Systems Based on LONWORKS® Technology.
- Technology Comparison: LONWORKS® Systems versus DeviceNet®
- Going Open - Wide Open: The LONWORKS® Platform
- Building Automation Technology Review
- Considerations for Using XML Web Services for Device-to-device Communication
- Industry Whitepaper: Connecting with the Industrial Internet of Things
- McDonald's in Riverside, California Turns Kitchen Green and Efficient
- Echelon Technology Improves Hospital Operating Rooms